Just off the coast road the delightful Hay Barn is the perfect base for a couple to explore all that Winterton-on-sea and the Norfolk Coast has to offer on a self-catering holiday. Converted to the same high standard as the Eco Barn, this one bedroom barn conversion, combines natural and contemporary interiors with ecological design.
The open plan lounge/kitchen/diner has a newly fitted wood burning stove and well equipped kitchen with cooker, fridge, washing machine and microwave. A widescreen internet enabled TV, DVD player and ipod dock are also provided. There is a dining table with chairs and comfortable sofa. The bedroom has a double bed, bedside tables, chest of draws and some hanging space. The shower room has shower, WC and wash basin. The sofa can be set up as a sofa bed if required.
Guests have an enclosed outside seating area with barbeque. The Hay Barn has views out to the west across the drive towards the paddocks and fields beyond. The accommodation has underfloor heating throughout and will accept up to 2 well behaved dogs.
The Hay Barn has wide doorways, so is suitable for guests with limited mobility, though there is a step up to the shower. We provide feather duvets and pillows, sheets, duvet covers (including for sofa bed if required), towels and tea towels but we ask guests to bring their own beach and dog towels.
We want our guests to have a wonderful and memorable holiday so we provide the following little luxuries at no extra costs to help get your stay off to the best start:
- Welcome cake– with seasonal produce from our garden and eggs
- Organic kitchen garden - across the track from the barns our gardener Terry will be growing herbs and vegetables for you to cook with and sample in our organic kitchen garden
- Kitchen essentials - hand soap, kitchen cleaners, salt, pepper, and a basic selection of herbs and spices (see What we provide for a full list)
- DVD and book library, including children’s books and DVDs and free wi-fi
- Quality duvets and pillows throughout and fluffy towels
- Hand soap and toilet paper in all bathrooms